Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Weekend at the Russian River





In an attempt to have a little family time away from the stresses of the city, we headed off to the Russian River a couple weekends ago. It wasn't very relaxing for a variety of reasons, but the change of scenery was good and Jack had a good time. It always melts my heart when I see how excited he gets by other kids. He watches them and then usually starts trailing after them, trying to get in on the action. He laughs and runs around with them, even though he's still not at the age where he engages in interactive play. The lodge we stayed at has a huge lawn that leads down to the river and the pier and Jack loved running around in the grass unencumbered.
He got a little too much sun on Sunday and ate to fast that night causing him to throw up a number of times, which was pretty upsetting, but by morning he was in good shape and back to his cheerful self, if a little tired from being up so much at night.

Daily Record
September 2, 2009
Jack got to go on a a stroller walk with Fiona and his room 3 friends. He was so happy and excited to get strapped in the stroller! :)
(the stroller they have at school is actually a Kinderwagon that sits four kids, it's really adorable and Jack looooves it. When we leave school each day he needs to climb up on it and sit in the seat to show it to me. He wants me to push, but I tell him that only the teacher is allowed)

September 4, 2009
Jack did a little painting in the yard this morning and then came back in the room to explore flubber. :) He also spent a good 5 minutes walking on the stacking blocks.

Incident Report
September 4, 2009
Jack was excited to come inside and as he ran to come in the door, he ran into the doorway and hit the side of his head. I gave him an icee and lots of hugs!! Small bump to right side of forehead.


2 comments:

Rock Mama said...

Do you even realize how much he looks like you?!

Anonymous said...

people are saying it more and more. The night my friends came over my friend Karen walked in, looked at Jack and said, "well hi little Nancy!" I see it sometimes, but I still see Sean's eyes and mostly I just see Jack. you know how it is. He's clearly got my hair, that much is for sure.