Friday, July 17, 2009

definitely talking

The other day I was parking a friend's car with Jack in the back seat. I scraped the hubcap of the car against the curb and it made that terrible noise. The natural reaction is to glance around nervously to see if anyone else heard or noticed, which I did. Suddenly out of the back seat, I hear, clear as day, "What's that noise?"
Jack also says "What's that?" and "I don't want it."
Amazing.

from Daily Intake July 15, 2009:
For some reason, Jack loves dumping sand on Tycco's head. Tycco loves it too but I showed Jack that it's just as fun to dump sand on himself, which he did.

I have to start paying attention to the things that Jack is eating at daycare. We don't have to bring snacks anymore, because the school provides them, and sometimes he'll eat things that never even crossed my mind, like yesterday it said that snack was graham crackers with cream cheese. Never would have crossed my mind.
Jack's having a lot of problems sleeping again. I am reminded about what I read that when a kid makes advances in one area (like talking) they can often regress in another area. Also, we've all been sick and some nights I know that Jack's coughing wakes him up and it's hard for him to go back to sleep.
Fortunately, our downstairs neighbor is out of town and the apartment next door is empty until August 1, so Jack's hollering in the middle of the night isn't probably disturbing anyone except us.

No comments: