Monday, September 1, 2008

Recapping the Visit part 4




I drove the stretch from Elizabeth's house to Delia's alone with Jack (about 3 hours). After an initial freak out in the first twenty minutes, Jack slept the entire way! He woke up as we pulled into Delia and Mark's driveway. Jack seemed very relaxed at Delia and Mark's, taking long daytime naps and seemed quite comfortable with their new little baby, Enzo. Delia had an old blue rotary phone that Jack was crazy for. He'd turn the receiver over and over in his hands, chew on the cord, trial to dial the numbers. Every morning Mark would come out and say, "Jack! are you on the phone again?!" and Jack would smile
Delia and I took the boys down to the river to go swimming one day, and it was too low for us to do much swimming, but Jack had a ball sitting on the river's edge and digging in the sand. I think he ate about 6 tons of sand, and was covered in it by the end of the day. I felt like it made up for all the sitting in the carseat that I'd been making him do and still had left to do. My mom came down and helped me drive back to Wisconsin. About 2000 miles total. 

No comments: