Monday, September 1, 2008

Recapping the Visit part 3



My friend Elizabeth flew up with her little boy, Ivan and we set out on a road trip. When I told my neice Jenny this over the phone she whispered softly, "you're crazy..." but all in all it went well. We drove for three days, usually only about 6 to 8 hours each day, except the second day when we took time to visit the Muhammad Ali Center in Louisville and go swimming at the hotel pool in Lexington as well as join my newly wedded friend Alice for dinner. I think watching Ivan affected Jack, it was on this part of the trip that I really noticed him acting differently, a little older. On our trip to the grocery store before we left Jack had his first ride sitting up in a shopping cart and seemed delighted. The hardest part in the car was getting one boy to be quiet while the other one was sleeping. We also learned an important lesson about changing diapers EVERY TIME YOU STOP, whether you think they need it or not. Hanging out at Elizabeth's place once we got there was great---very relaxing and her neighbors are some of the nicest people on earth. 

No comments: