Monday, November 3, 2008

learn my lesson

The other night after my boys were asleep I got so busy doing work that I didn't go to sleep until 1:30 am. I knew Jack would be up between 5:30 and 6 but I figured I could nap with him in the morning. Not only did he manage to avoiding sleeping completely, it was also the day that he discovered for the first time the compost bucket, the power strips and cords below the computer, the guitars stacked against the wall, the magazine rack in the bathroom, and the garbage pail in his room where we keep his dirty diapers. I feel like I spent all day saying "no Jack". But then I took him out for a walk, he slept, I ate a taco and we went to the park where he got to ride in a swing while I pushed and also play in the sand.
Never count on naps.

No comments: