Saturday, November 1, 2008

Jack's days


It seems like Jack turns more into a little boy every time I turn my back. I went to pick him up at daycare and I could hear him babbling really loud when I walked in the door, but when I saw the little boy at the table from behind, waving his hands around in the air and drinking out of a sippy cup, I almost didn't recognize him. It's amazing.
We got Jack a bike seat for my bike so I can pedal around with him, of course now the seasonal rains have started, but I know we'll get some nice days and I'll be able to zip him through Golden Gate Park. Grandma got him a bike helmet while she was here so we're all ready to go!
Jack seems to really love daycare. Even if he's been chatting up a storm on the bus he gets quiet when we walk down the hallway to his classroom and looks around like he recognizes the place. On Friday he saw his teacher Nenna through the door and gave her a big smile. He started to fuss a bit when I told him I was going to leave, but then his teacher Nahid said, "sweet Jack, come here" and he smiled and held out his arms for Nahid to take him. We adore Nahid. At school they call her "the baby whisperer". 
I love that Jack enjoys himself so much at daycare. I love that he gets the chance to play with other kids his age and learn new things from them like waving bye bye and clapping (he's still working on both of those). 
Jack had his last day of swimming for a while at the Janet Pommeroy center, they're going to be doing renovations until the end of January. I'm going to try to find a class for him to get into at one of the other pools in town, but we're pretty spoiled. The center is one of the nicest pools I've ever been in, especially for kids. It's really warm so it's easy to get in and there are wide, long steps that start really shallow and go about 12 feet in, so there's a good height for almost every kid to stand or sit in the water.

from his daily intake form on October 29th:
Jack had a great day. we went outside and he was touching the leaves and feeling the texture of the leaves. He also was pushing his friend Jazlyn in the wagon outside.

No comments: