Saturday, April 11, 2009

School Update

Sean and I have been noticing how Jack understands most of everything that's going on. Which is crazy to think about when you realize he can't really talk and probably won't remember most of these days. I asked him to go hand something to Papa and he did. Sean asked him where the applesauce was and he walked over and pointed to the refrigerator (did I tell you that already?) I ask him if he wants to do something and he says a word that I can only describe as sounding exactly like the German "ja". He also says "noooooo" frequently, but generally also means "yes". 

Last week's Daily Intake Reports:
April 6, 2009
We had the water table out today. Jack had lots of fun by creating big splashes with his hands. It made him laugh so hard and get him very soaked.

April 8, 2009
Jack had an awesome time outside today! He got to use all different colors of paint with his friends.
(on this day when I came into Jack's classroom to pick him up he was washing and drying his hands with the help of his teacher Shelby. She showed him where to throw away his paper towel and he crumpled it up and threw it out. Since then I've encouraged him to help me throw things away-in the garbage, in the recycling, etc.)

April 10, 2009
Jack had a great day, he really enjoyed painting with his friends today.
and an "incident" (that word always cracks me up):
Jack was in another child's space, and the child bite Jack on the cheek. (First aid: icee, hugs and kisses)
(by the time I got there I couldn't see any visible signs of where he was bit)

Jack also likes to walk down the hall by himself after school (sometimes holding my hand) and peek in the doors of the other classrooms (they're clear). Then he runs down the ramp and then he usually wants to run back up and back down over and over. At the busstop he likes to play with the seats in the shelter that swing, and play peek-a-boo. When the bus comes he points to it and likes to be the one to show the bus driver the bus pass, then he shows it to whoever is around us on the bus. To keep ourselves busy we sing "The wheels on the bus", eat crackers (against the rules), drink water, and play with a toy if I remember to bring one. Jack still likes to socialize with the people around him, although he often plays bashful once he gets their attention. When we get off the bus I tell Jack how much farther we have to go and what we have to do to get there-down the street, around the corner, up the stairs, etc.).

No comments: