Friday, October 10, 2008

Bad Mama

So as a rule, we don't let Jack watch TV. Not only because of the trash and violence, but because I've read in several places that it can mess up a kid's brain and visual development if you let them watch it in their first year. 
However, we did make an exception for the Democratic National Convention. In part because it was on at a time that Jack is normally going to bed, but not asleep and neither Sean nor I wanted to miss any of it. Also we figured, he wouldn't be too interested, which was an accurate assessment. He played in the room, but didn't pay much attention.
I had missed Michelle Obama's speech so a few days later I decided it was okay to have it on in the room while Jack and I played. Jack sat on my lap as I cued it up on youtube. Then I noticed a link for the new Britney Spears video with Beyonce and Pink, singing "We Will Rock You".
Now, not only do I have a secret guilty pleasure of most things involving pop culture, but also I've been fascinated by how lame Britney Spears is ever since I saw her sing "I Love Rock and Roll" in the movie Crossroads (I was on a plane back when movies were free!)
So the video starts up, and Jack, who has been bouncing on my legs, grabbing my face, yelling "BA BA BA!" is suddenly motionless, staring at the screen and a minute into the video he looks at me with his eyes bugged out and says "WHOA!!"

No comments: