Tuesday, August 30, 2011

into the second week of preschool

Jack has had some ups and downs with full time preschool.
He's very hesitant when I drop him off and he doesn't openly engage with the other kids. By the time I pick him up in the afternoon, he seems to always be playing with other kids but is ready to run over to me and get going when he sees me walk in.
He says a lot that he doesn't like his school. Last week it was because somebody was hitting him, but Sean reminded him to use his strong words and say "NO! I don't like that! give me some space!" and it seemed to improve things.
Yesterday I was talking to him in the car about how things were going.
He told me in this "I've seen it all" kind of way that "things are working out on the playground, we're not having problems out there anymore. but today me and Isaiah were not communicating under the loft."
As good of a talker Jack is, lately he's been resorting to grunts and hitting to get what he wants. We're trying hard to impress on him how important it is to use words.

No comments: