Saturday, October 3, 2009

September into October

Jack is spouting new words almost daily now.
When he wants to run he says "fast!" He tells me he wants to nurse. He calls Brendan and Barb by name.
A couple of days ago we were out in the courtyard and I let him play with a key a tenant handed back to me. I got distracted as a couple of other people walked through and Jack lost the key (normally I notice when he loses interest in things). We looked around for a while and as we went back into the house, Jack waved at the garden and said "bye bye key"
Hilarious.
Jack is very smitten with "Ring around the rosey". We usually play it with Fiona and Boyd after swimming class, but last night Jack and I played it in his room and he loved it. I was reading Little Blue and Little Yellow to him and when it mentioned the game in the book he showed me how you hold hands to play it. So we stood up and played it and then finished the book.
Speaking of books, Jack has a book called "I Can't" Said the Ant which is a rhyming book about an ant that helps a teapot who fell off the counter and Jack utterly breaks down in sobs when we read it. I made it through once, but only because I took Jack to our own cupboard and showed him that our teapot was okay. He quieted down but seemed a little uneasy about the whole business.
Jack has been having problems sleeping again. Fortunately he sleeps easily and soundly at school most of the time. All they do is put him down on his stomach with his blanket over him and lay a hand on his back for a little while. I feel like they must have Jack confused with someone else. Clearly this is just a reflection of what he's grown accustomed to at home. I just keep trying to get him on track as much as I have the energy for and try not to beat myself up over it.
I also feel it necessary to tell our Young Simon audience that all these smiley faces in his Records are the teachers, not mine.

From Daily Records:

I just found September 11, 2009 in a pile of stuff on my desk, sigh...I used to be so organized.
Jack enjoyed playing in the sandbox and did a little coloring when he was playing outside. I tried napping Jack for ...(can't read) 1 hour but was not successful.

September 30, 2009
Jack was really interested in a baby from Room 1 this morning. He sat next to the baby and gave the baby gentle touches :). He also showed the baby a book he was reading.

October 2, 2009
Jack and his friends went on a stroller walk this morning. :) He asked to get off the stroller and walk. He walked the whole way up campus and back. :) We ran, jump, and palyed our own version of red light/green light. :)

No comments: