Monday, November 19, 2007

32 weeks



Sean took this picture of Young Simon's current digs on our roof. As of this past weekend my waist measures 42"-- kind of amazing that I still have over a month to go.
Last week we took Young Simon to Videos and Music From the Dump-a screening and concert from the artist in residency program at Sunset Scavenger. Young Simon definitely starting wriggling around, although not as much as to the mariachi band.
I started kick counts a couple weeks ago. I don't know if they just make people over 35 do it or if everybody is supposed to, but you keep your hand on your belly and time how long it takes for the baby to kick ten times. They say if it takes longer than 2 hours you're supposed to contact the hospital. Young Simon always comes in between 10 and 20 minutes, so I guess we're in good shape.
We started out Childbirth Preparation class where they teach you how to breathe and show you around the hospital. A lot of the breathing and relaxing stuff I've done in yoga, but it was great to get the layout for the big day.
Sean organized a prenatal massage for me last week that was utterly blissful. Can I get a round of applause for Sean?
We can see Young Simon moving around in there, sometimes you feel like a foot is going to come busting through my belly button.

1 comment:

Rock Mama said...

Applause, applause!!!!!

Wow, great to see this, Nance. Bravo!